Home   |   LCS Prints Store   |   About Me   |   FAQ   

Saturday, June 6, 2009

It is What it is

Not only did I almost forget to write this yesterday, I completely forgot to post it. This weekend, you get two for the price of one.

Today, I fulfilled a request from my volunteer “job” and developed a draft a letter to the editor of our local newspaper in order to market the goals of the group (a professional writing assignment?), then conducted research on the Internet in preparation for a networking interview. While dialing the phone for that conversation, a dump truck deposited six yards of mulch in our driveway—and of course the weather threatened rain. After a successful conversation and some additional editing on my “assignment,” I shoveled away at the mountain in the driveway so that the remainder could be covered with a tarp. Not only did that mean lugging wheelbarrows full of mulch up the hill in the backyard, but the gardens required weeding first. When the rain began I wrestled with tarps until the mulch was covered; then it was off to dig out banquet tables in the garage and basement and deliver them up the path next door to for tomorrow’s graduation party. There I volunteered to complete some additional prep work, which included in a trip to the grocery store for some last minute items.

I am telling you all of this, why? Well, sorry to say, but Middle Passages took a back seat for the day.

No comments: