Home   |   LCS Prints Store   |   About Me   |   FAQ   

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Darius Rucker...and Me

Last night a comment on Middle Passages led me to the unexpected. Robin, at Your Daily Dose wrote a tribute post she calls a “Here’s to You Day.” In it she has pasted YouTube videos that remind her of blogs that she reads.

Robin and I have only been “following” each other for a short time, so imagine my surprise when I found a video dedicated to “Liza at Middle Passages,” which relates (quite accurately I might add) to a post I wrote called "Fledglings," that siphoned a little blood out of me last week. One blogger got Seinfeld, another got “The Princess Bride” and I got--well, the hint in the title notwithstanding, you’ll just have to click over to see what she included for me.

To tell the truth, I was churning inside when I wrote “Fledglings,” still am to some degree, and Robin’s video post, well folks, she nailed it. In my mind this is a special and caring honor and as I take my now-licensed girl off for a college campus visit this morning, I’m grateful to Robin for finding another way to quantify my ongoing emotion as our girl reaches for adulthood.

For some fun and intrigue (and in my case, maybe some tears), check out Robin at Your Daily Dose.

Hint: If you do click over, make sure to scroll to the bottom of her blog first. Turn off her music before playing the clips in order to get the full effect.

3 comments:

Jody Hedlund said...

College campus visits? Eeek! My oldest is in 7th grade, but I know college prep will be here before I can blink! Wishing you a wonderful day with wonderful memories!

Robin said...

As soon as I read your blog, Liza, I thought of that song. I hope that some of those tears were good ones! And I hope you watched some of the other videos because they were F-U-N-N-Y! Just because I got you on this HERE'S TO YOU DAY means you are not exempt in the future. If you write something at any time that speaks to me, you could get hit by the magic youtube wand at any time... That's how I show the love. Youtube. What did we ever do without it?

lisa and laura said...

I love reading about all the connections writers are making in the blogosphere. Makes me happy!