Home   |   LCS Prints Store   |   About Me   |   FAQ   

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What a Difference Some Days Can Make

Last week, you may recall that when I took that walk with my friends, for what ever reason, my mind wasn't in the game. So, the camera remained in the car and I trudged along through sun-filtered woods, to the boathouse and along the meandering river, mentally kicking myself for leaving it behind. Perhaps I exhausted myself with all that internal angst, which is why later I fell asleep. Whatever.

Anywhooo, it did occur to me during our trek, that I’ve taken quite a few pictures of the same areas over the last several months, and that perhaps a change of venue is in order. Even though it’s twenty minutes away and requires a bit of forethought, the North River, the scene of last week’s trudge, seems like it could be a nice place to greet the day.

Yesterday, I didn’t make it there by dawn, which is now a “stretch” goal for sometime over the next couple of weeks. At 7:15 though, I hopped into the car, realized I was almost out of gas, refilled, got stuck behind a school bus and then encountered a detour which added about five miles to the trip, before arriving at Norris Reservation somewhat disgruntled about two hours after sun up—which ended up being just fine.

Sometimes, autumn light can be forgiving


Mill Pond


Boat House


North River

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Tabitha Bird said...

Now you had better be makin cards out of those. Especially that little house. Oh my. too lovely for words.

Kathleen said...

"stretch" goal... I love that

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

So glad you were late to sunrise. These are beautiful. Everyone an inspiration.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Wow...you didn't miss anything at all. Yes, autumn light can be very forgiving, soft and tranquil. With the geese flying overhead this morning, these pictures added the cream to my coffee.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think you captured some great images!

glnroz said...

I want to live in that Boat House. Did I read somewhere that you make a series of Greating Cards from you photos ?,,

That area looks like it could "spoil" a person.. thanx

Helen Ginger said...

I love those pictures! You really have a good eye for taking photographs. The Mill Pond totally stopped me.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Gorgeous. I feel like I was there and that's mighty fine.

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Definitely worth the added mileage! How stunning!! I want to go here.

Robin said...

I am partial to the North River shot, but they are all lovely. I think if you decide that all times of day are beautiful it will change your perspective a bit. It is sort of like deciding that only pictures in the winter are worth anything (well that is just dumb, right?), because all of the seasons offer up something wonderful. Well, so do all times of day. Maybe when you don't get started quite when you want, you will remember that next time and just take what nature offers up, and remember that it is still giving you the best that it has.

Elana Johnson said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I feel rejuvenated just looking at these. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful pics. I grew up in Michigan so I can apppreciate the autmn colors. Thanks!

Stephen Tremp

Ann Best said...

You have the most incredible scenery to photograph! I love to come over here and see what stunning scenes you've posted!! I love New England. I lived in Connecticut from 1968 to 1971; I'll never forget the New England Autumns.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm excited to be nearing the end of the journey with my book. And hopefully the end of my cold; I feel miserable tonight. I hope it's the darkness before the dawn, preferably tomorrow's dawn!!

Have a lovely day tomorrow.
Ann

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I STILL want to go here.

P.S. You need to do something with these photographs. They're amazing.

Arlee Bird said...

Those are lovely photos. You live near some fantastic walking areas.

Lee
Tossing It Out